Hope everyone is enjoying the summer, despite the heat. Here’s a job posting that might be of interest for folks: #
Education Outreach Coordinator #
The Student Press Law Center, a nonpartisan IRS 501(c)(3) nonprofit based in Arlington, Va., seeks a versatile, energetic, technology-savvy Education Outreach Coordinator to develop educational programming to energize young people about the First Amendment, and to represent the SPLC in building partnerships with groups in the education sector whose mission complements our own. #
A successful candidate will have a proven track record of youth outreach and/or grassroots organizing in the nonprofit sector, a passion for the First Amendment and the power of youth voices, and the ability to create content across digital platforms. The position is full-time, but we would consider a contract arrangement with a candidate located outside of the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area. #
- Build partnerships with education organizations with interests complementary to those of the SPLC.
- Develop campaigns to build awareness of and support for the First Amendment in schools, including programs that promote the teaching of journalistic skills and values as fundamentals of online citizenship.
- Monitor the development of public policy at the federal and state levels on education issues of concern to the student media community.
- Develop teaching materials to widen exposure and utilization of SPLC educational resources.
- Expand SPLC’s audience reach through public speaking, writing and other audience-building activity.
- Experience in organization-building, outreach, or grassroots organizing
- Degree in Education or related field
- At least 2 years’ classroom teaching experience or comparable work experience